English – The Imperial Library of Metz
During the annexation, a library was built in the Fabert High School in what is now called “the teachers’ library“. This immense library, which covers several entire walls, contains more than 10000 scientific, literary, philosophical and ideological books. Many books date from before the French Revolution and are written in Gothic. Books from the Annexation period 1941-1945 and the Second World War and the Third Reich have been preserved while in many places such books have been burnt. The books are made of velvet and some are covered with gold. Unfortunately, this library is not allowed to the public and also to students.